Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500a
Other

Officejet 6500a - unable to connect to internet or wifi... ever. says device not connected when I attempt to look for a network setting to choose from, says I need to enter a proxy... (no idea what that is) the wifi selection doesn't open or show anything in general when I attempt to connect. No idea how to fix it. I attempted to restore network settings, for network summary it says IP address not applicable. Also says web services has not been enabled for this printer. Iv never been able to connect and I have new Mac book air that does not have a USB and need to be able to print wirelessly. My operating system is MacOS big Sur. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is it an HP Officejet 6500A (E710a) printer?

The 6500A model only offers a wired Ethernet connectivity to a router, not a wireless connection.

You would need to connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to your router to allow network connection with the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.