Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8600 Plus
iOS

Hi all,

since the october 2020 firmware update of my Officejet 8600 plus, airprint is only available for 1 min or so after rebooting the printer.  Every time all ios devices on the network can detect it for a short time after reboot (of the printer) and then it's gone...

Before the update it worked perfectly! 

anyone any suggestions?

thanks!

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please print a Printer Status Report and clarify the exact Firmware version as listed on value 7:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c04083845

Also, try restarting your router, allow it 2-3 minutes for the internet connection to return, then restart the printer and your Apple device and check for any difference.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for your reply.  The value is CLP1CN2011AR

I have restarted everything already several times with the waiting time (did find that already in previous threads, no change).

thanks!

Pete

HP Recommended

Is there a way i can downgrade my officejet to the previous firmware version?  That would do the trick for me...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.