Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Our printer will no longer connect to our wireless network.  I tried the normal network pass code as well as by WPS; by push button and by PIN.  The error print out says it is a MAC address filtering issue that has to be resolved in the router.  So I logged into my router and found the MAC filtering section.  I turned it on, turned it off, added the printer and removed the printer; tried several different iterations and ...nothing.  My router also has a button to click on screen to start WPS connection right there so I clicked it and started the WPS connection tool on the printer.  The router says it is connected after just a couple of seconds.  The printer continues detection/processing and eventually says the connection encountered an error.  The print out says it is the same MAC Address filtering issue.  Even connected by ethernet cable the scanner has issues and printing is finicky and only works from one computer after several times running through the Print and Scan Dr.  

BTW, on one computer I can print if I "connect" to the printer as if I am connecting to a wifi network.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello where do you find the MAC address filtering to turn on or off? Please

HP Recommended

Hi Bombproof,

You have to sign in your router on the internet.  It will probably be under security and may even be under "advanced" in the security section.

HP Recommended

I'm also having this issue, but on Windows 10 It happened in the last week or two...I tried the mac settings on my router. No luck. Any other ideas?

Additionally I've seen some rumblings across the net that this isn't an issue with my Router (verizon) but with HP. Do actual HP employees/support monitor these threads or should I reach out more formally?

HP Recommended

I started having this issue just last week and finally had time to sit down today to troubleshoot.  I've had this printer on my home network for years and haven't changed anything recently.  I tried all the troubleshooting ideas that I have found online.  The issue seems to resolve around network security settings.  The only thing that allows me to connect is to turn off wireless security, which of course isn't a solution.

BTW, I am using a Verizon router.  Wonder if they have pushed some security update to the router.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.