Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4155e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey y'all, I just moved into a new home and have a new wifi setup. The articles and virtual chat aren't really helping at the moment. Do any of y'all know how I can get my printer set up to the wifi without deleting it from my profile/subscriptions/etc?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Amenmeit,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you have an old HP printer and you want to connect it to a new Wi-Fi network, you can do so by following these steps.

• Check the printer's manual: First, you should check the printer's manual to see if it has Wi-Fi connectivity and whether it supports the latest Wi-Fi standards. If it does not, you may need to upgrade the printer to a newer model.
  • Connect the printer to power: Make sure the printer is connected to a power source and turned on.
  • Locate the Wi-Fi button: Look for the Wi-Fi button on the printer. It may be labeled as "Wireless," "WLAN," or "Setup." Press and hold this button for a few seconds until the Wi-Fi light starts blinking.
  • Access the Wi-Fi settings on your computer or mobile device: On your computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and look for the printer's Wi-Fi network. It may be named something like "HP-Print-xx-Your-Printer-Model-Name." Select this network to connect to the printer.
  • Enter the password: If the printer's network is password-protected, enter the password when prompted.
  • Install the printer software: Once your computer or mobile device is connected to the printer, you will need to install the printer software. You can download this software from the HP website or install it from the CD that came with the printer.
  • Test the connection: Once the software is installed, you can test the connection by printing a test page. If the page prints successfully, your printer is now connected to the new Wi-Fi network.

Note: The exact steps may vary depending on the model of your HP printer and the type of device you are using to connect to the printer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.