Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6230 All-in-One Printer

Both my Desktop and HP Envy 6200 are connected via the same WIFI network but cannot access the printer directly. It is currently operating in cloud-mode. Also cannot acces via IP-Adress. However, my work laptop can access the printer directly when connected via the same network via the HP Smart App and also by login in via IP-Adress. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Shake_a_Leg,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your PC and HP Envy 6230 printer are connected to the same network but the printer is set up in cloud mode, it means that the printer is connected to the internet and can receive print jobs from devices over the network without a direct physical connection.

To print from your PC to the HP Envy 6230 printer in cloud mode, you'll need to follow these steps.

• Ensure that both your PC and the HP Envy 6230 printer are connected to the same network. This could be your home Wi-Fi network or any other network with internet access.
  • Install the necessary printer drivers and software on your PC. You can usually find the required software on the HP support website or on the installation disc that came with the printer. Follow the instructions provided to complete the installation process.
  • Open the document or file you want to print on your PC.
  • Go to the Print option within the application you're using (e.g., Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, etc.). This option is typically found under the File menu or by pressing Ctrl+P.
  • In the print dialog box, select the HP Envy 6230 printer as your desired printer. Ensure that it is selected as the default printer if you plan to use it frequently.
  • Once the HP Envy 6230 printer is selected, click on the Print button to initiate the print job.
  • The print job will be sent to the cloud service associated with your HP Envy 6230 printer. The printer will then receive the print job from the cloud and begin printing.
  • Note: Since the printer is in cloud mode, it should remain connected to the internet for the print job to be successfully transmitted and printed. Make sure your printer has a stable internet connection.
  • By following these steps, you should be able to print from your PC to the HP Envy 6230 printer, even though the printer is connected in cloud mode.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.