Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Android 9.0 Pie

I have recently changed my local wifi network and trying to connect our two Samsung Note8 phones to the HP Photosmart 6520 printer.

I have the HP Print service plugin and HP Smart App installed. Previously these worked with our any issue. I note that there are NO Photosmart printers listed as supported now which is extreamily concerning and annoying. When I search for printed the printer is not discovered. 

We can still print from our windows laptop with our any issue and prints perfectly. 

Can you advise a solution for this issue please.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rowdy1961 

@rowdy1961 wrote:

I have recently changed my local WiFi network and trying to connect our two Samsung Note8 phones to the HP Photosmart 6520 printer.

I have the HP Print service plugin and HP Smart App installed. Previously these worked with our any issue. I note that there are NO Photosmart printers listed as supported now which is extremely concerning and annoying. When I search for printed the printer is not discovered. 

We can still print from our windows laptop with our any issue and prints perfectly. 

Can you advise a solution for this issue please.

True, Mobile printing options on these older Photosmart printers is more limited.

I cannot judge whether this also means that the remaining options might be problematic.

The issue could be the way in which the network is now configured.

That said, if you are convinced this is not the case,

If not already completed / considered,

Try / Consider

HP Mobile Printing - Print from Smart phone or Tablet

Reference

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first.

Open the section for your printer series  >  Find your printer and supported applications.

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One

Photosmart 6521 e-All-in-One

Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One

HP Smart app (Android, iOS)

HP Print Service Plugin (Android)

Apple AirPrint

HP wireless direct

HP ePrint

Samsung Print Service Plugin

Mopria Print Service (Android, Amazon Fire OS)

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.