cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
russsr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Photosmart 7520 can't connect to "Web Services" any more

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Folks,

My 7520 has connected to HP's Web Services server for many years, which I've used to send scans directly to my email.  In the last year, my printer can no longer connect to HP's Web Services server.  It's connected to my network, my network is connected to the internet, but the printer never connects to Web Services.

When I point my browser to my printer's IP address and click on links there, the links try to connect to h20180.www2.hp.com.  These links all fail, as it appears HP is no longer running a server at h20180.www2.hp.com.  I'm guessing that this address is hard-coded into my printer's firmware, so I'm stuck.

I've searched through these forums, and seen many problems relating to "not connecting to Web Services" and "h20180.www2.hp.com address not found", but I haven't found a solution to my problem.

I've tried updating the printer's firmware, but HP's firmware update tool says the firmware I download is not compatible with my printer.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my printer re-connected to Web Services?

Thank you for your help!

Russ

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation