Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7525
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I've done the power it off, wait 3 min, hold down the power button, make sure it's plugged into the wall outlet (and not a strip or equivalent)

I'm on the latest firmware.

I've reset the printer to factory defaults.

When WiFi is one it will "cycle" (not sure what to call it, but the screen pops back on, the carriage moves a bit like it just powered up)  I did recently change my WiFi network to an updated Netgear NIGHTHAWK RAX75 so I'm assuming it's something to do with the WiFi "pinging" the printer?  it's on 2.4g.  I saw this is some archived threads but there was no resolution (short of returning the printer or keeping WiFi off)

I'm wondering if there was a fix or something I can look at on my WiFi setup that is causing the printer to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK... here's what I did.  NOTE:  menu items differ slightly from instructions

Original Instructions--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

What I did ---> same

Original Instructions--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

What I did ---> same

Original Instructions--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

What I did ---> same

The above menu path does not exist for my printer... below is what I did to "hopefully" accomplish the same thing

Original Instructions --->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 

What I did ---> [Network]  ---> [Networking] ---> [Network Protocols] --> [Enable IPv4 only] ---> Apply

The next menu path does not exist on my printer... below is what I did to "hopefully" accomplish the same thing

Original Instructions --->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply

What I did ---> [Networking] ---> [Network Address (IP)] ---> [Manual IP] ---> [Suggest a New Manual IP Address]  took suggestions... looked fine

Original Instructions --->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  

What I did ---> Selected [Manual DNS Server] ---> 8.8.8.8  for Preferred DNS Server & 8.8.4.4 for Alternate DNS Server---> [Apply]

Original Instructions --->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

What I did ---> Selected [Settings] Tab ---> [Power Management] ---> [Energy Save Mode] ---> [After 15 minutes]

Unfortunately, it did NOT fix the issue.

Keeping the state/results from the steps above I then did the following within the EWS:

--->[Network] ---> HP Wireless Direct] ---> [Status] ---> [Edit Settings] ---> Set [HP Wirelss Direct Status] to [Off] ---> [Apply]

--->[Network] ---> [Networking] ---> [Host Name] ---> Changed It ---> [Apply]

--->[Web Services] ---> [Web Services Settings] ---> [ePrint] ---> [Turn Off ePrint]

Things are now WORKING!!!!  I don't know exactly what the fix was... some combination of the steps above has.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MRW85,

I'd like to help!

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

You may also, restore the network and connect the printer again, refer - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I had done all three actions you suggested already and detailed that in my original email. Any other thoughts. I’ve taken to keeping the print off WiFi and it does not cycle so it’s something to do with my Wifi. 

HP Recommended

Set a manual IP-

To set a manual IP and try the steps below -

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

--->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 

--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply

--->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  

--->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

OK... here's what I did.  NOTE:  menu items differ slightly from instructions

What I did ---> same

What I did ---> same

Original Instructions--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

What I did ---> same

The above menu path does not exist for my printer... below is what I did to "hopefully" accomplish the same thing

Original Instructions --->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 

What I did ---> [Network]  ---> [Networking] ---> [Network Protocols] --> [Enable IPv4 only] ---> Apply

The next menu path does not exist on my printer... below is what I did to "hopefully" accomplish the same thing

Original Instructions --->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply

What I did ---> [Networking] ---> [Network Address (IP)] ---> [Manual IP] ---> [Suggest a New Manual IP Address]  took suggestions... looked fine

Original Instructions --->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  

What I did ---> Selected [Manual DNS Server] ---> 8.8.8.8  for Preferred DNS Server & 8.8.4.4 for Alternate DNS Server---> [Apply]

Original Instructions --->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

What I did ---> Selected [Settings] Tab ---> [Power Management] ---> [Energy Save Mode] ---> [After 15 minutes]

Unfortunately, it did NOT fix the issue.

Keeping the state/results from the steps above I then did the following within the EWS:

--->[Network] ---> HP Wireless Direct] ---> [Status] ---> [Edit Settings] ---> Set [HP Wirelss Direct Status] to [Off] ---> [Apply]

--->[Network] ---> [Networking] ---> [Host Name] ---> Changed It ---> [Apply]

--->[Web Services] ---> [Web Services Settings] ---> [ePrint] ---> [Turn Off ePrint]

Things are now WORKING!!!!  I don't know exactly what the fix was... some combination of the steps above has.

HP Recommended

I am glad the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.