Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15t-dw300 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just received my HP Envy 7640 e-All in One Series printer and the photo quality is terrible, the picture is not clear or sharp, somewhat grainy.  I've turned the printer off and waited to turn back on. I'm using HP photo paper and ink.  I've tried to print from my mobile phone and my HP Laptop and with both devices the photos are very bad.  This is the main reason for me purchasing this printer, to be able to print nice photos. I'm so disappointed right now as it was very expensive purchase  and don't know what else to do.  Please help! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ruthie0731

Welcome to the HP support community.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. Load U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

The Setup menu displays.

3. Touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

If that does not print fine, follow the below steps:-

Clean the ink cartridges

1. Load U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display up, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

4. Touch Clean Cartridges.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

5. Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

• If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Proceed when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

• If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.

6. Examine the print quality on the Print Diagnostic report.

Refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.