cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Maury5
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer WiFi Connectivity

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer: HP 8600  Pro

Modem/router:  Comcast model XG6 

Issue: Comcast just changed modem/router to this updated model.  All devices successfully connect to it but the HP 8600, which maintained connectivity with the previous router, does not hold the connection.  When modem/router is re-set by Comcast, connection between the router and the printer is re-established.  But if printer is turned off, then turned back on, the printer can find the network but requires a WPA to re-connect.  Comcast says a WPA does not exist for the XG6.  Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Maury5

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not connecting to the new router.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The printer supports only the 2.4GHz band so make sure your computer and the printer connected to the 2.4GHz band.

If you continue facing the issue, then run the HP print and scan doctor and it will automatically find and fix the wireless issue.

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program.

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Maury5
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate your reply.  Before posting, I tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor several times, but to no avail.  I just tried it again in the absence of HP 8600 wireless connectivity to the router.  The Doctor did not find the HP 8600 even though the HP 8600 was visualized as one of the choices I could make to start remediation.  I then repeated the process with the HP 8600 connected by ethernet to the router.  The Doctor could not find the HP 8600.  It stalled after traversing about 75% of the (blue bar) search.  However, I was able to print with the ethernet connection in place.

The Comcast router is a dual band unit.  2.4 and 5.0 Ghz are combined, I am told.  My previous Comcast router was dual band, but 2.4 and 5.0 were separated.  When I disconnect the ethernet, and attempt wireless connection of the HP 8600 to the router, the printer correctly identifies the router as a 2.4 Ghz band.  It asks for a WPA.  Comcast tells me there is no WPA for this router.

Any clues? 

Thanks,

Maury 5 

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Maury5

As informed earlier you need to have separate bands for 2.4 and 5GHz or else the printer will not work wirelessly. Alternately, you can use the ethernet connection.

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation