Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP179fwg
Dear community, my laser printer 179fwg has a well-working wifi connection but disconnects when printer gets in sleep/standby mode. When woken up he won't make to reconnect with the Wifi (status says "connecting...") and the printer can't be found as a network printer anymore. For me strange: If if remove the power cable and let the printer reboot it will reconnect with the Wifi immediately without doing anything. I am using the printer currently only via Wifi connection (both for the network access and the printing via Iphone. Does anybody has an idea how I can avoid the printer to disconnect from the network?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Blechinho

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's reset the wireless settings:

Restoring the wireless network settings You can revert the wireless network settings to the default values. Press the (Menu) button > Network > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Default > Restore... on the control panel. The machine starts restoring default wireless network settings.

Once done, connect the Printer back to the Wi-Fi.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for this advice but it does not help. 

printer still disconnected after a certain (longer period) of being inactive. 

HP Recommended

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.