Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
MFP M479fdw
iOS

Good evening. We’ve had this printer for a couple of weeks and we’re stumped as to why it can’t connect to our wireless network. I have 3 Rock Space nodes and despite picking up the network, the printer fails to connect to it. I have made a couple of attempts to work with chat support and even though it was finally suggested I exchange it for a new one, I’m still wanting to try another solution. 

thank you kindly,

Dmitry

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Dmitry,

Please try following the Wireless Setup Wizard once again, when it fails, what is the exact error shown on the screen?

There you should see an option to print a report too, please follow the prompts to print the report and let me know its results - what exact error is shown in the report header?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. The report shows a fail for filtering. In general, the wireless wizard isn’t able to connect to the network. Interestingly, even though my wireless network is secured, it shows up unsecured when selecting it on the printer.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Please try temporarily connecting the printer with an ethernet cable to the router and ensure your printer firmware is up to date:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m478-m479-series/19202514/model/19203...

Once ensuring the printer is up to date, unplug the cable and check if you may see any difference then.

If the same persists, I also suggest ensuring your router firmware is up to date and check for any difference.

If there is still no change, what exact security type is set for your router? Also, ensure that Mac Filtering is disabled for your router configuration.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you. I’ll definitely try that and just so we’re clear, my router doesn’t have a Mac filtering feature. However, I did add the printer MAC to my ‘safe group’, as it’s termed in the settings.

HP Recommended

Tried everything you suggested today to include resetting my mesh routers. Sadly, nothing has changed. Oh, and there are no new firmware updates available at this time. I still can’t seem to understand why the printer is seeing my wireless network as unsecured

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.