Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-23-2022 02:11 PM
Printer will not respond. My Mac is on the same wireless network but when I go to print, it won't wake/up or connect. I have rebooted my macbook, restarted as well as unplugged my printer. This typically does the trick but not today. Need some urgent help as I have a meeting shortly.
10-01-2022 11:34 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that your HP Officejet Pro 8600 All-in-One Printer does not respond when printing from Mac computer.
Please follow the steps listed below to reset printing systems and then add the printer.
1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
2. Click Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax.
3. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
4. Click Reset or OK.
Note: Once you click on reset any other printer added to this computer will also get deleted and needs to be added again.
5. If prompted, type your username and password, and then click OK. The printing system resets.
6. Turn off the printer, wait 5 seconds, and then turn on the printer.
7. Wait until the printer is idle and silent.
8. In the Printers window on the Mac, click the Add button.
9. Select your printer from the list, and then click Add.
It might take a few seconds before your printer displays in the Printers list.
You may also follow the video in this document
Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community