Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a 7510. The printer says I am connected to my wifi network and my network is operational and the signal is strong. But when trying to print from my Mac Air, the message says the printer is off line.

What is my problem and how do I get the printer on line?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HE10,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP OfficeJet 7510 Wide Format All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist you better:

• Is the blue Wi-Fi light solid on the printer? ( if the Wi-Fi Light is blinking then please re-connect the printer back to your Wi-Fi router - Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer, Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.)
  • How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
  • Do you have a dual-band router?
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
  • Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.  
  • Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

While you respond to that,  please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Uninstall HP Smart and reinstall:

• Click Finder, and then click Applications. In the list of apps, click and drag the HP Smart app to the Trash at the end of the dock.
  • Go ahead and Update the software on Mac 
  • Restart PC
  • Once the PC is turned back and idle, download HP Smart 
  • Once installed, check if you are able to access the app.

Update the printer firmware 

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

if the issue still persists, then try to Add the printer using Apple AirPrint drivers.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.