Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Office jet PRO 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Officejet Pro 8600 N911A was connected to my network for a long time. It all of a sudden disconnected with no change to the network or printer. It will not reconnect and the Wireless Network Test Results report says the MAC address filtering may be enabled on the router. This is not the case and I have even added the MAC address to the list of permitted devices. Still no connection. Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok it took a lot of reading and studying but I have solved my problem. My network router provided by the cable company, you must set the Auth Mode to Auto. In my case this could only be done by the cable company as I could not see this option. Once they set it Viola it now connects to the network. Yikes that was a lot of work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my DeskJet 2541 with nothing network changes.

Also I could print out a service page for Error Code: 02B7C2ED and Service ID 25027

HP Recommended

Ok it took a lot of reading and studying but I have solved my problem. My network router provided by the cable company, you must set the Auth Mode to Auto. In my case this could only be done by the cable company as I could not see this option. Once they set it Viola it now connects to the network. Yikes that was a lot of work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.