cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Printer won't connect to wifi or router - No idea what changed.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer won't connect to the router anymore.  I was connected last week and suddenly went offline.

The printer can still identify the wifi network. It asks you which one you'd like to join and the right one pops up on the display screen.

I tried to reconnect to wifi and it tells me it's not connected to the router in the printer report.

I check the router and is says the MAC authentification is DISABLED. And all the other devices are fine.

By that logic, shouldn't it be fine to connect to the router?

I should add that lately my cat has taken to sitting on the printing tray, activating the touch screen display with his tail.  Is there a possibility he did something from the printer itself?  If so, what?  I don't see anything unusual.

But the printer still won't log on to the network when I punch in the password.

HELP.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. Just happened this past week.  My Wireless Network Test Results, under diagnosis - Settings - NO FILTERING - FAIL

James,

Please let me know if you find a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,189 1,174
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jamesishere73 and @njh1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer does not connect to the network, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router. This can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup. If you do have MAC address filtering enabled and would like to keep it enabled, you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing. IN this case, you'd have to contact your ISP for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not enabled.  It's disabled actually. So theoretically, shouldn't everything be admitted to the network?

This printer has worked on this network for years.

Nut sure what happened.

As I said, my cat has taken to sitting near/on it. I'm worried he threw something on the touch screen with his butt...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,189 1,174
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jamesishere73

This further requires remote assistance.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation