cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Proxy

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Android 9.0 Pie

Ever since I changed my ePrint address (to personalize), my printer will not let me print anything from my Samsung Note 10+ anymore.

I tried to restore it and among other thing that I have seen in this website, but nothing has worked

My printer is connected to the internet it passed and it has the blue lights on the printer screen, but

the ePrint symbol it Not lit and has the yellow triangle  with the exclamation mark symbol.

it states " The printer could not connect to server,

Check the internet connection. If required, enter copy a proxy address ; ensure the proxy details are correct and retry.

Contact your network administrator for details.

Which i did do as it stated and Nothing. 

This is a home printer so I am the administrator, so I do not know what it is asking for.

I pressed Enter Proxy to try that way, but it is asking Web Proxy Authentication

User Name: ??

Password: ??

I do not know this info and they I put in dome information and it stated now it wants me to enter a Proxy address which I did, but then it asked to enter a proxy Port, I do not know what that it nor where to find it

Please Help anyone

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,333 1,418
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chapincita86

Welcome to the HP support community.

Turn On Web Services

1. Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.

NOTE: 

If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.

• If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet  port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

• If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Some printers have a wireless icon  and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.

2. On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.

If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.

• If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.

Example of Web Services Summary screen

• If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.

Example of the HP ePrint set up screen

3. If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation