Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-13-2022 06:07 AM
I have managed to connect to the printer from my Mac one but now it gives an error and I can not connect to it any more.
I would like to reset it and start again but I am not managing to do it with the standard instruction.
05-16-2022 08:01 AM - last edited on 11-15-2022 06:00 PM by AgathaV
@PabloCAP, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I see that you are trying to connect the printer to the wireless network. What is the error you get?
Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document - Connecting an HP Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Make sure the printer and the Mac are connected to the same wireless network. This model printer can connect only to a 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
- Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.
- This printer supports WPA encryption, check if the router is on the same encryption method. If using WEP or WPA-PSK+FT change it to WPA-PSK
Alternatively, you may also refer to - HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network)
To check the connectivity,
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by printing a wireless test page
- Press and hold the Wireless button for more than 10 seconds (but less than 20 seconds). When the Ready light starts blinking, release the button.
- Open a new Terminal window (it's located in Applications > Utilities, or you can just start typing it in Spotlight).
- Enter “ping” followed by the IP address of the printer.
- Press Return. Press ctrl C after 10 pings
- There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
09-11-2022 07:10 AM
I have two of these printers. Tried to move one from one network to another, could not install it in spite of HP Telephone support for more than one hour.
Bought a new printer for the other network and managed to get it going.
Shut off the power from it, switched it on, now it is not working.
The test page says everything is fine except that I have several routers with the same SSID and PW, this is in order.
I visit the embedded web server: Status: Set up the printer now Printer set up is incomplete (it worked before...???)
I go into Wireless Configuration, chooses the network, enters the PW and after a while it says "Can't open the printer home page, this function is not available"
I have done this both through the HP Smart app and by logging into the printers web page (it looks the same). It seems it will not take the PW.
I have re-started the printer, same problem.
This has taken hours and it is not working!
10-23-2022 09:22 AM
Thanks for using the HP Support Community.
Please refer to this resource on how to reset the wireless:
For more resources on this printer:
Hope that helps!
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
12-07-2022 11:37 PM
nothing is working reset factory hide printer remove printer i even buy a new printer and now i got no ink for it and there's a red light on my hp desktop 3700 and to top it off zero ink left .And yes hp say stay connect to a wi-fi so they can send ink before we run out of it but seriously i hade to buy a new printer due to my hp laserjet M100we didn't show connect to hp watch out center Yes I am deeply disappointed in hp yes you say giving 6 months of free ink but we end up with multiply hp printer that doesn't work and hp customer services is one of the most terrible i hade to deal with 2 weeks ago a guy asked me to permission to connect direct into my computer to try to fix my printer network i saw he was fooling around in my other personal files so yes i disconnected him and still two bran new hp product not the same name i wanted to be sure it wasn't a problem on my hands but the 2 does the same thing red light flashing one not connecting to Wi-Fi i buy the first one in September and the other one last week but both having trouble with
12-18-2022 11:11 AM - last edited on 07-19-2023 08:42 AM by SofiaML
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.
To understand the issue and help you, please get back to me with the details listed below:
- Model of your printer that has the issue (if you need help, click here for information on how to find your model number model).
Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
- Operating system installed on the computer connected to the unit.
- Connection method - USB, physical LAN, or wireless?
- Error messages (if any) - on the printer display and/or computer, any patterns for flashing lights. If possible, get back to us with the screen shot of the error message.
Take care and have a great day ahead.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community