Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 2545 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 2545 printer is connected to same network as my computer. I have tested by printing the printer network configuration report. However when I try to setup the printer on WiFi, it is unable to search my printer (searching for printer message). Then it shows two messages. 1. Disable Firewall (I did but no luck). 2. Add MAC address of printer to MAC filter (I am unable to find this option - on Dlink 192.168.0.1 page).

Anyone faced this issue? Please suggest. Tried HP virtual assistant options as well, no luck again.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@amonga, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for alternate connectivity methods.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried all standard options, with no luck. 

The printer is connected to wireless network and it is confirmed in network configuration report. I can also access printer wireless from my mobile for example. But not from my  windows 10 computer. While 'searching for printer' it shows me message that either printer is on different network (which is not the case, confirmed as per network report) or MAC address filtering is on or firewall is blocking. I disabled firewall as well, still the printer shows offline. The only thing I am unable to verify is MAC filtering. I am using dlink router, but unable to find MAC filtering option there.

In virtual HP chat, it suggested to change the channel for wireless, which I tried and again no luck.

I am suspecting that I recently added a tp-link extender and then also re-installed windows 10 on new SSD. After that printer is not connecting wireless. Can one of these be an issue? I actually turned off extender but still same issue. Not sure if there is a way to completely disable extender.

HP Recommended

Also, when try to open HP page using the address on the network configuration report like http://192.168.x.xxx, the page doesnt display.

HP Recommended

@amonga

Further, you'd have to contact your ISP for help.

The router settings need to be modified for the printer to be able to connect to the network.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But I am able to print using my mobile phone on same wifi network. Does that not confirm that no issues with router settings?

HP Recommended

@amonga

I'd still suggest you get it verified from your ISP to isolate the issue.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I verified and able to connect to EWS page of printer using my mobile while connected to 5GHz wifi, and able to print the test page However the same page doesn't open when connected on 2.4GHz on the same mobile. This confirms no issue with ISP as such. My computer only identifies 2.4 and doesn't support 5GHz. The strange thing is that printer is also connected to 2.4GHz as per network configuration report. My printer 2545 also doesn't support 5GHz.
HP Recommended

@amonga

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I actually reinstalled windows 10 to start clean. And installed HP driver. Still no luck. 

While I was trying to install HP scan software, I got a warning message that windows defender is trying to block this software which I allowed. I feel it could be same thing with other HP software as well where it is blocked. Is there a place where I can check if it is blocked by windows. Though I tried disabling firewall earlier which didn't help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.