cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
BDM569
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Static IP/Instant Ink

HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am tech director at a school.  Currently, I use Instant Ink with my HP Officejet 5255.  I do not have a static IP address because our network doesn't have any extra public static IP addresses available.  Another teacher would like to use Instant Ink with his HP Color laserjet MFP M180nw.  I'm certain to outside servers, it would look like we both have the same IP address, which would be the public address of our building.  The printers have static IP addresses on our internal subnets.  Can we both use Instant Ink even though the IP addresses will look the same to the outside world?

1 REPLY 1
BDM569
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm replying to my own post.  I just realized his printer isn't compatible with Instant Ink so unless he buys something new, this is a moot point.  I'll still watch for any replies for future reference.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation