Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2722

I have been trying to connect to Webservices to enrol my printer on HP Instant Ink - when using EWS and trying to enable Webservices, I go to Webservices, then Setup and I just get an Error message 

System Error - Network Connection error. Check network and try again. 

I have just purchased and installed a new Asus RT-AX56U router. Printer is connected to the same 5G network as my phone. 

Ive tried restarting the print etc and the router too. 

Printing works from my iPhone without an issue but I've signed up to Instant Ink and can't use the benefit without webservices and being able to enrol the printer on my account as I cant get the claim code 

I dont understand why this is not working 

Can anyone help? Im a real novice when it comes to this!! Its driving me nuts!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Purchased an inexpensive Deskjet 2722 a couple of weeks ago, and actually thought I would FINALLY try the Instant Ink subscription just to see how it goes.  What a nightmare!  Like you, I have been messing with this printer non-stop for 2 weeks and simply cannot get it to ever set up the web services correctly to enable Instant Ink.  BUT... it allowed me to sign up for the subscription before I ever realized that I would hit this roadblock.  And somehow, what started out as a free 4-month trial has now magically decreased to 1-month.  Thankfully i used a temp virtual card for the subscription, so if I cannot figure this out in the next few days, I will simply turn off that card so that HP cannot charge me for nothing.

Will definitely post back here if I figure anything out.  I have worked in IT for 35+ years, and have never been so frustrated with something not working (when it SHOULD be easy).

HP Recommended

I have tried absolutely everything, and went to HP who advised the following....which I have not done as I will not be turning off my firewall. Plus I’ve very little tech knowledge 

Please find the instructions that you should provide to your internet provider below:

-Deactivate router firewall

-Update router firmware

-Add the printer's IP address to the router DMZ

-Open the following ports:  TCP ed UDP Ports 45222 & 45223,
80, 5353, 5358, 5222, 5223, 5357, 3702, 443, 427, 8080, 209, 1900, 5298, 5350, 5351

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter and look forward to your reply.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.