Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have an HP Envy 5540 connected wirelessly to my local network. When my laptop wakes from sleep, the printer is not detected, even though the two devices are on the same wifi network. When I restart the wifi configuration of the printer, it works again, but after restarting or putting it on standby, the reconnection does not take place.
I have tried all the aids offered on the HP site without success. It should be noted that I tried the updates, the restart of the router, the various software versions but in vain, the HP Smart software does not detect the printer after waking up or restarting.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mat_Dum72 and @Cookie263

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting printer connectivity issues, I am glad to assist you.

Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile:-

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix connectivity and printing issues.

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

.Assign a manual IP address to manually connect the printer.

Find the printer IP address to assign it manually.

1. Make sure there is U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper in the input tray.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon .
  3. Touch Tools.
  4. Swipe down the display, and then touch Network Configuration Page. A Network Configuration Page prints up to three pages of information.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can try steps 2 and steps 4 in this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Same problem

HP Recommended

@Mat_Dum72 and @Cookie263

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting printer connectivity issues, I am glad to assist you.

Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile:-

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix connectivity and printing issues.

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

.Assign a manual IP address to manually connect the printer.

Find the printer IP address to assign it manually.

1. Make sure there is U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper in the input tray.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon .
  3. Touch Tools.
  4. Swipe down the display, and then touch Network Configuration Page. A Network Configuration Page prints up to three pages of information.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can try steps 2 and steps 4 in this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,
Eventually the issue was resolved with a router and printer restart, then using HP Print and Scan Doctor. I had already carried out all the actions proposed with the manual IP addresses and the ports to be regulated in windows but without success.
Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Finally after restarting the computer, the printer is still detected by windows and word processing software etc. but the HP Smart software still shows the printer offline, how do I fix the problem? So I can't control the printer via the network and I have to use my desktop computer connected by usb to the printer to do so.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.