Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My printer keeps going offline after restarting my PC. I have already uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it many times, however the problems remains. How can I get a steady connection? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@skew15

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP printer is going offline. 

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows computer to help diagnose and fix printing and scanning issues.

1. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.

2. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the prompts to install and open the tool.

3. On the welcome screen, click Start to select your printer and run the diagnostic.

4. If your printer is not found, click My product is not listed, and then follow the instructions to troubleshoot the connection.

Set the default printer

Set your printer as default on your Windows 10 computer to make sure print and scan jobs use the correct printer.

1. In Windows, search for and open Printers & scanners.

2. Make sure the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer is not checked.

3. From the list of printers, click your printer name, and then click Manage. If there are multiple printer names that match yours, select the printer that is idle or online.

Clicking Manage to manage printer preferences

4. Under Manage your device, click Set as default.

Setting the selected printer as default in Windows

Add a printer port to Windows that matches your printer's IP address.

1. Print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page.

• Printers with a control panel menu: Print the page from the Wireless, Network Settings, or Setup menu.

• Printers without a control panel menu: Print the page using button combinations on the printer control panel.

For most printers, press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time.

For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers, touch and hold the Information button  until all control panel buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Resume buttons at the same time.

2. On the Network Configuration page, find the printer's IP address.

3. In Windows, search for and open Printers & scanners.

4. Click the name of your printer, and then select Manage.

5. Click Printer Properties.

6. On the Ports tab, click Add Port.

7. Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.

Creating a new Standard TCP/IP Port

8. Type the printer's IP address, and then click Next.

9. Select the new Standard TCP/IP Port from the list, and then click OK.

NOTE:  You might see two printers in the list of devices. Do not remove or uninstall either printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.