Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have received a new Modem and since then i can not connect my printer to the Home Network. All other devices

- 3 smart phones

- 3 TV´s

- 1 Tablet

work fine. Just printer does not get connected.

The SSID is found and i can type in the WLAN-Password but finally it says "WAP Passcodekey not correct". On the printer´s dispaly it tells under IP-Adress "Not connected".

I can access the printer directly from my computer or mobile devices and print.

I just can not get access to the Router....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Tippe,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  2. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?
  3. What is the distance between the router and the printer?
  4. Is there antivirus software installed on your computer?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello Jay,

Thx for your respond.

1. It is providing both 2,4 and 5GHz. I turned of option 5GHz but still could not connect

2. It is blinking

3. I placed it 1m next to the router, still could not connect

4. Yes, AVIRA Prime

I changed back to the old Router just for a trial using above system settings and the printer did connect easily as always. It just does not connect to the new Router.

I installed / uninstalled / switched on and off printer as well as router. No way to get these two  connected :-).

HP Recommended

Seems like a router issue, could you reach your ISP and check with them?

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hello,

My ISP (A1) was checking the router's settings and printers are enabled. They told more can not be done from their side and i shall get in touch with HP ......

By the way. I also tried with WPS since both Printer and Router provide this option -> no connection established.

I printed my printer´s network configuration and it tells under "Type of Authentification: WPA-PSK". My Router´s setting is configuered to WPA2-PSK. Could this be the problem or should the printer despite of this setting receive at least an IP-Number within my home network?

I am in clarification with my ISP since i could not yet manage to change my router´s  config to WPA-PSK.

HP Recommended

Could you print a wireless test report and share the results?

Follow the instructions to print the report -

1. From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch and drag your finger vertically to scroll through the options. Touch Display Network Summary or Print Network Configuration Page.

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please find attached the requested data. Unfortunately in German only.....-> will be sent in EN again

   

HP Recommended

The report isn't in English, does the printer show an ip address or a network name ?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Hello Jay,

Now in English

Network Config P1.jpg

Network Config P2.jpg

Wireless Network Test.jpg

  

HP Recommended

As your printer is able to connect to the old router and doesn't work with the new one, does seem like an issue with a new router.

The printed report seems fine.

Could you check with your ISP if HPNA is been enabled on the router settings?

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.