Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Android
Other

Hi I want to set up a wireless enabled Laser Jet Pro M404dn on a wireless network from Android mobile. I have downloaded app to mobile and followed instructions up to select printer from list. My printer is not on the list. I cannot manually enter the details either. I checked that the printer was not an old printer and found that it is still in warranty as website recognised serial number and knew that it was still under warranty. I need some human help - not a bot. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sarah6464 ,

1. First check the model number of Laserjet printer, because the printer model Laserjet M404dn, only has a USB cable and Ethernet cable connections.

Laserjet M404dn specifications:

• Connectivity, standard
    1 Hi-Speed USB cable  and 1  Gigabit Ethernet cable

2. While the model number Laserjet M404dw has the option for wireless networks.

3. If you have that model Laserjet M404dw, then you can follow the steps in the next videos:

* Click on KUDOS thumbs up  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.