Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8610
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been trying and trying to fix this issue for a week now.

I fianlly got someone on the computer with me from hp that had me download a app to where he could take control of my screen and looked up and showed my printer was offline but i have it on a wired ethernet connection. works fine but not when it comes to setting up web services. so he went into my comand tab and pulled up a list of numerous (7,468) things that were harmful to my computer and is the reason my printer is not allowing to connect and/or print. says he can fix it for a 3/y plan for 199.99 or 5/y plan for 249.99 and finally a lifetime protection for 299.99 and it caught me by surprise because i wasnt told that by hp before.   We just recently enrolled in Hp Instaink and it worked fine for 2 weeks then i come home from work and my wife said it wouldnt print anymore and it wouldnt connect to the internet. 

called hp... they told me go on the printer interface and under web services i need to reset web services. now that ive done that it wont connect for anything.. 

the guy offering me the plan says that because of outside virus interference i WOULD NOT be able to use this printer whatsoever with this computer or my current internet connection. which i find bogus. that means unless i fork out 199.99 hp cant do a thing for me? 

PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO.... 

ive tried uninstalling printer. checking that i have no proxies. checking i dont have firewall blockage.

hp doctor runs troubleshooter and everything come back until i try to print the results page and it promts me on the printer to enable hp eprint and enable web services and then back to where i start. saying no internet connection but on the hp 8610 app it says connected....

Beyond frustrated and ready to throw this printer out the window and be finished with hp products. 

AGAIN PLEASE HELP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TimWaldrup,

I'd like to help with the printer connectivity issue.

Try the below suggestions -

Set a manual IP-

To set a manual IP and try the steps below -

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

--->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 

--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply

--->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  

--->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

Let's disable webservices and re-enable it

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.