Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 5020
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I have an HP Envy 5020 and it keeps dropping web services.  I have gone to set up, set web services to off, then gone in again to switch web services on again, it says it connects then an error message says you are not connected to web services.  Help please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MLPC00

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen. Check the status of your wireless network and printer connection. Make sure the printer is not connected with a USB cable. And, also when a USB cable is connected to the printer, the printer cannot connect to Web Services.

Click here to know how to turn off web services. Refer to this document to know how to turn it on. If the issue persists, perform the steps mentioned in this document - Cannot Connect to Web Services

Even sometimes this incident occurs when the HP server is down. Kindly try again later.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for response.  I tried all your suggestions, sadly without success.  I then tried the factory reset for the printer which, so far at least, seems to have done the trick.  Anyways, thanks for trying to help.

HP Recommended

@MLPC00

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.