Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5740 Series

I am trying to locate the WPS number so I can connect with a new computer, please help I have looked on the back and underneath the printer but can find anything that says WPS number.  I found a WPA2 password but it doesn't work, please help!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dorothy43 

I don't see anything that indicates WPS is supported on this printer.

HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer (B9S76A, B9S78A, B9S79A) Specifications

Connectivity

Direct print supported
Wireless direct printing; Memory card slot; USB printing
Wireless capability
Yes
Connectivity, standard
2 USB 2.0; 1 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n; 1 Ethernet; 1 RJ-11 fax

The very best method to connect your printer is to use Ethernet (RJ45 cable) connected to the router.

Yeah, but what about WPS?

That said, if WPS were supported, and your printer is not one of the new Envy Pro 60xx or Deskjet Plus models,

then the WPS password is located / expressed on the router.

Wireless printing center

Section:  Wireless networking > Wireless Basics

Subtopic:  How to connect a wireless printer to my wireless network?

Note:  The  Wireless printing center provides a lot amount of information on the subject of Wireless print setup and operations.

What else?

How to connect your OfficeJet printer:

Open

User Guide

Read Chapter 8 - Connect Your Printer - starting on Page 81

References / Resources

Category Troubleshooting >

or

Category How-to >

Select Topic: Wireless, Networking & Internet

Select Subtopic: Wireless Connections & Networking

Select your document

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.