Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
4100 Deskjet Plus

I went through the troubleshooter and ended at test print.

It took 10 minutes for that to print!

Why does my on/off button flash sometimes?

Now waiting for a 7 page pdf.....one page printed. 5 mins later and the other 6 still have not bothered to come out.

That Chat assistant is more than useless.

Just go around in circles asking irrelevant questions and giving useless answers to choose from.

I WILL NEVER BUY A WIRELESS PRINTER AGAIN.

SO ANNOYING AS I NEED A PRINTER NOW AND WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THIS.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, please make sure that the paper is loaded correctly, the input tray is fully open and the paper is correctly aligned to the right, an improper paper loading may cause the paper sensor to incorrectly detect the used paper type:

See Step 4 below:

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c06543646

Next, print a Printer Status Report by holding the cancel button for 3 seconds, till the power light starts blinking.

Can you see the page printed faster or with the same speed as you describe for the print jobs from your computer?

Please let me know the results and also try printing from your computer again,  may you see any change now?

If not, how is the printer connected to the printer? via USB or wirelessly?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.