Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have been using the HP Officejet Pro 8200 connected to my home wife network and it had no problem at all. 

Howerver, after moving into the campus housing and using the public wifi network, I could not find my printer through the laptop and the printer is not able to connect to the Internet. 

I tried automatic and manual ways to connect to the wifi network many times, but it didn't work at all. 

If I cannot connect to the public wifi network, should I buy a USB cable and connect the printer to the laptop directly? If so, how my instant ink program does work? Can I place an order for the inks without the internet connection? 

Thanks, 

Jason

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately, Campus restrict the use of printer to connect wirelessly.  So the best option is to use USB connectivity.

For Instant Ink, would suggest that you use Mobile data (your phone) to connect once every few days so that the printer info can be send to HP.

Hence it'll require 2 connectivity for your printer - wireless via hotspot thru the mobile phone and USB for most printing.

This example should be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAsji0RtERY

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.