cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi connection problem

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have been using the HP Officejet Pro 8200 connected to my home wife network and it had no problem at all. 

Howerver, after moving into the campus housing and using the public wifi network, I could not find my printer through the laptop and the printer is not able to connect to the Internet. 

I tried automatic and manual ways to connect to the wifi network many times, but it didn't work at all. 

If I cannot connect to the public wifi network, should I buy a USB cable and connect the printer to the laptop directly? If so, how my instant ink program does work? Can I place an order for the inks without the internet connection? 

Thanks, 

Jason

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
13,065 13,018 1,321 3,365
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately, Campus restrict the use of printer to connect wirelessly.  So the best option is to use USB connectivity.

For Instant Ink, would suggest that you use Mobile data (your phone) to connect once every few days so that the printer info can be send to HP.

Hence it'll require 2 connectivity for your printer - wireless via hotspot thru the mobile phone and USB for most printing.

This example should be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAsji0RtERY

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads:https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1This tutorial shows how to install a printer twice on one computerbut wi...
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation