Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Pro 6400 All-in-one printer

I have tried restarting the WIFI numerous times and even tried the WPS step multiple times and my printer will not connect the the wifi. This is a new wifi router I am trying to connect it to. I have been trying to weeks to get this set up and I am having 0 luck. When I hold the information button for 3 seconds the other keys won’t light up either. This printer was bought last year so there is no way it should be broken. I used it all the time before our move but now since we moved it won’t work

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Alex401

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting printer connectivity issues, I am glad to assist you.

Are you getting any error messages while connecting?

Meanwhile:-

Restore the printer to the original network settings(When you reset the printer network settings, previously configured wireless settings (such as the link speed or IP address) are removed. The IP address is set back to the Automatic mode.)

• On the back of the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for at least three seconds.

Connect the printer using the HP Smart app

You can use the HP Smart app to set up the printer on your wireless network.

1. Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your wireless network and you know the Wi-Fi password of your               wireless network.

2. Make sure the printer is in the Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode. When the printer is in the AWC setup mode, the Edge      lighting will glow purple, pulsing from the middle outward, repeating.

3.If this is the first time you set up the printer, the printer is ready for setup and in AWC mode immediately after it is powered on.          The printer will keep searching for the HP Smart app to connect within two hours, and then stops searching. If it has been longer      than two hours, press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for at least three seconds to put the printer back in        AWC setup mode.

4. Open the HP Smart app, and then do one of the following:

On the home screen, tap the Plus icon and select the printer. If the printer is not found, click or tap Set up a new printer. Follow          the onscreen instructions to add the printer to your network.

Refer to page number 26 in this user guide for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.