cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
74lobster
Level 2
26 16 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview does not let me install my Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer

HP Recommended
Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all the people of the forum, I own a Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer and I use a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview.

Now I have installed the Windows 10 64 bit Pro Insider Preview Build 21301.rs_prerelease.210123-1645 version: this version doesn't let me install my Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer.

I cannot install the printer neither in USB mode and neither in wireless mode,  because the HP installation program fails and doesn't recognize the printer.

When I connect the printer with the usb cable, in the best case, appears a spinning circle that ends with a red X of error.

In the wireless mode the program sees the printer, I select it and the program starts to search the printer's drivers, but it never ends to search and find nothing.

Practically I cannot use my printer nymore... I checked all the new HP drivers, softwares, I updated the printer's bios but with THIS PARTICULAR Windows 10 Pro Inside version it's impossible to install the printer.

Normally with the previous versions of Windows the printer worked flawlessly (there were onlly another Insider version that gave me some problems with the printers, but with the following version of Windows 10 insider version, the printer re-start to function properly).

Which could it be the issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,394 3,393 134 165
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@74lobster, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps to re-install the printer driver - 

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type, and open “Devices and Printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
74lobster
Author
Level 2
26 16 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an Hp 6830 printers and I have done done all what have you told me, but everytime I try to install the HP installing program when I try to install the printer via USB, when I connect the usb cable appears a circle spinning but at the end it gives me an error showing me a red cross.

When I try tro connect the printers via wireless, the sistem sees the printer with its own IP, but when I select to install the printer, the install blue bar never ending to move and after 5 minutes I stop the process.

I can say that the Hp install program for 6830 printer doesen't function at all and it's full of bugs.

Have you got any solution ?

Thanks inn avance.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation