Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

We upgraded our router yesterday, so we now have a new wifi network.

In the past, when the wifi network has been changed, all I've done is to connect the new router to the printer using the Network Wizard, but nearly all of the Setup options on the printer menu, including Network Wizard, are showing as "locked by the administrator, or person who set it up".  I've no idea how this happened, and no idea how to unlock it.

Not sure how relevant the configuration of the MacBook is - I also use the printer from my iPhone.

Help, please?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

For anyone else's information - I worked out how to perform a semi-integral reset, and this solved the problem. There's a Brazilian video on YouTube: I don't understand Portuguese, but the film clip made it really easy.  

[content removed]

If I can do it, it can't be that difficult - the HP instructions say "back arrow", which I took to be the solid arrow on the left-hand side, when they meant the one below it, but while I felt as though I was about to wreck the printer at any second, that didn't happen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.