Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have done all of the recommended steps for offline printer troubleshooting and problem resolution.  None work.  The intermittent offline problem began when I installed a new xfinity wireless router with xfinity pod network extenders.  When I deinstall the the pods, the printer remains online.  When I reinstall the network extending pods, the printer keeps going offline.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@abjack, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The router is probably not configured in the bridge mode. This could be a NAT issue which means multiple routers are handing out IP addresses and causing a conflict. Bridge mode means the router acts as purely an access point and not a router. 

You may have to contact your ISP for help on this issue.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  I just logged into the router.  It does have bridge mode enabled.  Any other suggestions.  There are currently 2 theories about why the printer keeps going offline.  One is that I swapped out my router to a new xfinity dual band router with xfinity pods to extend the network.  Xfinity insists that is is a printer problem and that the printer is confused by the dual band nature of the network and sees it as 2 networks with the same name.  When I print the wireless network test results page from the HP Officejet Pro 8600, it says "Attention:  More than one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name (SSID).  To avoid this, change your wireless network name to be unique........"   The other theory from another ISP technician is that the router shows a lot of "interference" which is "confusing" the printer.  Would appreciate help in resolving this issue if you have any more ideas.  I have spent countless hours working through every one of the HP support suggested items for resolving the printer "offline" issues. 

HP Recommended

@abjack

The 2.4 and 5 GHz networks should have different SSIDs.  The printer can be connected to the 2.4GHz network only.

Also, make sure the printer and the computer are on the same network to be able to print.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So unfortunately if I give each bandwidth it's own SSID, then the network/extender pods no longer work.  ISP came out yesterday, and from their perspective, the only option is to connect the printer directly to the router with an ethernet cord.  They provided a port extender for my modem/router and fortunately my printer is close enough so that I can make that connection via ethernet.  I think anyone with network extenders and printers on the same dual band network with a printer too far from the router to directly connect are out of luck.  ISP technician shared that this is a VERY common problem....and have I probably spent over 20 hours between HP support site which was not helpful in the least for this particular issue and ISP trying to find a resolution.

HP Recommended

@abjack

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. 

As a last resort, I'd suggest you reach out to HP Support in your region for remote assistance.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.