Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw

Hello,

I need the factory reset procedure for a LaserJet MFP M182nw.

I have seen many posts here requesting the same, and the response is always via a private message from an HP representative (wow counter productive generating more work, vs just publishing it)

To HP person:  Please send me the instructions for factory resetting my LaserJet MFP M182nw.

I set my printer up years ago, and recently observed that it was not connected to my network any longer.  When I went to check the configuration, all of my menus were  locked, and I cannot recall the PW, nor have any reference to it in my password manager.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Relinetigo,

You can find the factory reset steps in the product manual for the Laserjet Pro MFP 182, located here.

Hope that helps!

* I am an HP employee.  I speak for myself, not for HP.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, those instructions do not help.  They instruct to access the services menu, and select restore defaults.  All of the menus are locked behind a password I no longer have access to, which means, I can't actually access the services menu.

HP Recommended

Bump, anyone able to provide a reset procedure for a locked out printer?

HP Recommended

@relinetigo

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Here it is:

1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button . 2. Open the Service menu. 3. Select Restore Defaults. The printer automatically restarts.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate the reply, but ignoring the previous posts in this thread is not helpful.

The suggested steps were already suggested, and as I already stated, I am not able to perform those steps.

You direct to go into the printer control panel and open the services menu.

Again, I cannot get into the service menu, as it has a password set and I do not remember the password.

So, to clarify the ask, how do I reset the printer to rejoin it to my network when I do not remember the password, and the menus (including service menu!) are locked?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there are no more reset steps available for your Printer.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.