Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp jetdirect 175x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can print directly to the printer using the same USB cable connected to the printer as is connected to the 175x. The jetadmin software sees the printer, knows what series it is, but otherwise cannot communicate with it. I can see the 175x on the network as NPIB88A2D. Only the green network light blinks rapidly after pressing the test button on the 175x.  No attempt to print is heard. I have done a full reset on the 175x holding in the test button  for upwards of 30 seconds after plugging back in the power plug. I have unplugged the router, the 175x, and the printer and then turned them back on working back to the printer from the router. The print spooler, printer extensions and notifications , and even the print workflow services are running.

I have tried the LPT1 through LPT4 ports for the printer as well as the TCP/IP address of the 175x, and USB port settings.
Any suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.