Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Lenovo V320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to download the hp smart app after installing my HP Envy 5000 series printer.

But everytime I click the 'downloap app' button, nothing happens.

I tried several ways to get the download, microsoft store and hp and everything.

Nothing works.

Looking for a downloadable version of the application so I can use this on my pc.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Wendy666 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Unfortunately, there is no magic.

At this writing, the HP Smart (Windows) application is only available from the  Microsoft Store

The following might be helpful, though it perhaps assumes the issue is relevant to more than "one" application.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

What else?

If you have not done so...

• Make sure your Browser security is not blocking the download.
  • Check that your computer Security Software is not blocking the download.
  • Make sure you have checked and run Windows Updates to dig out and install any pending updates.  Restart the computer after any updates are installed, even if the particular update does not specifically require that you do so.
  • Try a different browser.

What else?

Download - Save - Install the Full Feature Software (full driver) for your printer.

This is not the HP Smart app - the printer software does give you access to printing, scanning, and the printer software tool set.

Printer Software

• Home Page - HP Easy Start
  • Open Category Software and Drivers
  • Topic: Software-Utility
  • Download and save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software

No Easy Start for your older model? 

Look for – Download-Save-Install the Full Feature Software (Printer Software)

• Open your printer Support Website  
  • Open Category Software and Drivers
  • Full Feature Software might have been relocated to subcategory Software-Utility
  • Installation package name might be Print and Scan Driver and Accessories

Basic Instructions

• Download the Full Feature Software installation package or the Easy Start wrapper
  • Open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file  (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator
  • If using Easy Start > When asked, opt for "Full Driver" (exact wording might vary).
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

NOTES

• For printer supporting OCR, be sure not to remove the option to install with the full driver.  OCR will be available as “Scan as Editable Text” in HP Scan (part of the full driver software).

• Both the HP Smart Application and the Full Feature Software can be installed on the same computer – when available, consider installing Full Feature Software first.

HP Documents

HP Easy Start Home Page

HP Printers - Finding Drivers, Apps, and Updates for HP Printers

HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5000 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I tried everything I can find about this issue...

I did an update, I disabled my virus protection and firewall

I looked for the microsoft store app on my computer, but this one doesn't seem to work either.

I tried a million times to download hp smart app via Microsoft store... download will never start..

I'm out of options right now...

HP Recommended

@Wendy666 

That's a lot of times - might as well stop doing that until you can try something different.

I understand pounding on it - silly app should load...

Edits - Add "Check requirements" content

Check the requirements for the app to run on your version of Windows.

Two sources:  The how-to document and the information at the Microsoft Store.

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTES: 

• Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues
  • HP Smart requires that you be signed into the application with your HP Account credentials.

Example - Microsoft Store - HP Smart 

Open the read the data in "More" and "Permissions info"

Original Content

What's different?

For example,

If you have not done so...

Make sure your Windows Updates are current and installed - nothing messes with Windows quite as much Windows.

Try deleting / uninstalling HP Smart from

Problems with HP Smart Windows App?

Can’t log into HP Smart using your HP Account? 

• Make sure you are running the latest (newest) app version.
  • Make sure your Windows Updates in current and installed.
  • Try reloading the HP Smart Application:

Uninstall HP Smart > Restart the computer and log in > Install the application from the Microsoft Store

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features 

Search or scroll down and find HP Smart

Left-Click on the item > Uninstall

Restart everything, including your network router and other devices.

"Get" a new copy of the Application from the Microsoft Store

Check with the  Microsoft Community

They might just want to shove you back here because it is an "HP" app, of course.  It's tempting to do so is the respondent things your application is at fault.

If you are lucky, you might hear from someone that actually knows how an app digs its way into your account (AppData hierarchy) and the Windows File System - that person might be able to tell you where to look for the source of the problem.

What else?

As much as you don't want to hear it, reloading Windows will very likely fix the problem.

Everyone hates this solution but it fixes problems that defy every other attempt.

What else?

Create a new local account > edit the account to be an administrative account.,

See if you can open the Microsoft Store and install any application.

If that works, try installing the HP Smart app.

Will that work?

It might help if the underlying cause of the problem is something stuck in your primary account,

What else?

The Full Feature Software (explained in the first post) provides access to printing and scanning.

Unlike the HP Smart for Windows application, the full driver software does not require that you log into your HP Account to use the software.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yeah.. well.. maybe not a million... but i have been working on it for at least 6 hours...

I don't give up easily...

The app has worked in the past.. but i deleted it and tried reinstalling because it stopped working... 

And now i cannot install it anymore...

I deleted the printer also to try everything again but without the app i cannot get it installed..

It was a fun day... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.