Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
Other

As with many people on this forum, when trying to connect my printer to my network, it gives me the message of "Invalid Password".  But like everyone else, the password I'm entering is correct.  I've tried the various solutions that HP employees and volunteers have given to no avail.  So I'm thinking that the printer and the modem is not compatible.  This only started happening when I moved to another state with a different ISP and router.  So my question to HP is:  Is there a list of compatible modems for my printer?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I assume you are trying to connect to new wi-fi? Any chance your new wireless is 5GHz because printer can't connect to 5GHz wireless.

If you connect your printer with LAN cable to your router that will work also.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I assume you are trying to connect to new wi-fi? Any chance your new wireless is 5GHz because printer can't connect to 5GHz wireless.

If you connect your printer with LAN cable to your router that will work also.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Not sure about the 5Gz.  Here's what I see:  It seems my modem has both 2.4Gz and 5.0Gz.  Should I disable the 5.0?

Atropos2_0-1609953628377.png

HP Recommended

Run Wireless setup wizard from the printers menu, and try to connect to 2.4GHz wireless.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks Valsimot, but the wizard does not give me the option to connect to 2.4GHz or any other GHz.  It only asks for the SSID and the password to the network.  Nothing more.

HP Recommended

From the list of the available networks when you run wizard do you see your wireless network?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Yes, the network lists shows my network at the top of the list.

HP Recommended

I've recently had another modem problem.  The repair tech decided to replace the modem.  During which, he told me that even though the old modem showed in its settings that it had both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz, it really only had 5.0GHz.  He replaced it with a newer modem that had both and the printer works fine now.  Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.