Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day!

I am sorry for the trouble!

1.Can the model LaserJetPro M227FDW  work over a wired network?

2,Can I connect a network cable to the printer model LaserJetPro M227FDW   and connect it to the router?

3,Which printer is better to buy for my home? ( LaserJetPro M227FDW or LaserJetPro M428FDN )?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

1. yes

2. yes

3. The M428FDN is way better printer than M277fdw, and it can work over a wired network.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your letter!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

1.Maybe the HP MFP 227FDW model is enough for home use? 

2,Does it make sense to buy a model  MFP M428FDN MFP OR  M428FDW for home use? 

3,I have one printer connected to my computer via USB. This computer is also connected to the router. The second computer is only connected to the router via a network cable. How can I use a second computer to print a document? What are the ways? Which method is more reliable? Can you explain this in more detail if possible?

4.Which is difference between MFP M428FDW and MFP M428FDN ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

HP Recommended

1. For home use M227FDW will be just fine.

2. M428 is a way better printer than an M227. M428 is way more reliable than an M227

3. If you connect your printer with a network cable to the router all computers on the same network can use that printer, you only need to install it over the network on each computer you want to print from.

4. The FDW had wireless and a touchscreen control panel,  everything else is the same as on the FDN

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answers!

Your answers are very helpful!

Now I think to buy model  M428 FDW instead of model M227FDW

1, What is your opinion?

2.Can I use a home model  M428 FDW?

3, Can you explain in more detail how the M428 FDW model is better than the  М227 FDW model  ?

4.Can you explain in more detail why the М428 FDW model is more reliable than the М227 FDW model?

5.Can I know how many pages can I print after purchasing a new M428 FDW printer? (since when I buy a new printer the toner cartridge is not fully charged.)

6, What type of toner cartridge is used in the M428 FDW printer? How many sheets is enough for the M428 FDW cartridge?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!!

HP Recommended

1. M428 is way better printer than M227

2. Yes

3. and 4. The mechanically M428 is superior over M227. The M227 has more moving parts that can fail much easier than M428. The toner cartridge in M428 is a single unit, while on the M227 you have separated drum from toner ( unnecessary complicated)

5. You get a full 3000 pages toner with the new M428

6. Standard toner cartridge that can print 3000 pages at 5% coverage

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE ANSWERS!
I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU!
1, Model M227 Has drum.Does M428 have a drum ?
2, Which is better to buy M428FDN or M427FDW ?
3, Can I get the instruction for M428FDV model ?
4.How can the printer work on Wifi? (There are two computers).
5.Can I feel the difference when the printer is operating through the network via a network cable or when the printer is operating via WIFI?

THANK YOU !!!

Best Regjrds .Grigoriy.

HP Recommended

1. The drum on M227 is separated from the toner cartridge, the drum on M428 is within toner cartridge.

2. The W model has wireless, if you need wi-fi then you need to buy a W model

3. You can find instructions for all HP printers on hp.com

4. If the printer is connected to the same wireless network with other computers ( one, two or more) it will work just fine.

5. The wireless printing has some advantages and disadvantages over a wired connection and vice versa.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.