Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I havea HP officejet 6600  Just recently got a new internet router and now it connects to printer but will not print 5g

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Spinny,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem.  Could you provide a few more details about your new router?  If you can tell me the manufacturer and the model number of your router, I could check if there are any known compatibility issues.  You mentioned that the router is 5G. Could you clarify if this means the router supports 5GHz Wi-Fi or if the router itself connects to a 5G mobile broadband network from a cellular provider?

It would also be a good idea to make sure that the firmware on your printer is up to date.  This support article has several ways of doing it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168   Since you said that the printer and router are connected, it would be helpful to know if the "Update directly from the printer" method is successful at checking for updated printer firmware.

Another detail that would help to diagnose your problem: what type of device are you using to try to send the print job?  A Windows 10 laptop?  iPhone, Macbook, Android device, etc?  Have you tried more than one of these devices?

Jim

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.