Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, my officejet pro 8610 will not connect to wifi.  The error states that the wireless capabilities have been disabled and for me to contact my administrator or the person who setup my printer.  I am the person tho.  I have tried resetting the network defaults and resetting to factory default conditions and neither have done anything to solve this issue.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dckeystone

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Dckeystone

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and Good Day,

Thank you so much that solution worked perfectly!  I am so grateful.  I have been dealing with this for a while now.  As I already tried every other possible troubleshooting method to resolve this issue, I am elated and will sing your praises to all.  You provided the steps that were the exact solution it needed to resolve the issue.   My printer is now setup on my wireless network and all functions are working properly.

Thank you again for your concise, easy to follow & very helpful guided steps to resolve my issue.

You are the best!

Thanks,

HP Recommended

We are having the same issue with our 8610 & our 8600 printers that are NOT being found by our computers whether via the internet or via as usb cord connection. Both printers are NOT printing neither from an HP computer nor the other from a Dell computer. Simultaneous issues. We've performed every possible check and no issues are named. Can someone please advise as to where and how we can resolve this frustrating issue.

HP Recommended

@Dckeystone

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@7425

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have same issues. Please send a message with instructions to reset Thanks GregorJ

HP Recommended

@GregorJ

Which Printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.