cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Christopher306
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

"Do you want to help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data?" It keeps asking me this over and o

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to scan something today, but whenever I go on HP Smart, it gives me the question mentioned in the topic - "Do you want to help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data?" There are a Yes and a No function, but no matter what I click, it just loops back around to the same question over and over again. What's going on? I can still print stuff, but I can't get onto HP Smart and am thus unable to scan anything.

11 REPLIES 11
mervinsx
Level 2
11 6 0 5
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and unable to use the device's scanning facility without the app.

Christopher306
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It now seems to be working again for some reason. Still don't understand what that was. Glitch on the app, maybe?

mervinsx
Level 2
11 6 0 5
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it's started to work again - looks like the receiving HP end for the response might have had a glitch.

0 Kudos
JLagace
Level 1
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having this issue, tried logging in to scan a document and i keep getting a window that asks if I want to help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data.  No matter if I answer Yes or No, the screen reloads and I can't move forward with any functions of the program.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, restarting my computer several times to no avail.  Is there any help for this issue?

0 Kudos
Sandra324
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine starting working again too . . . but now it's stuck again.  

0 Kudos
JLagace
Level 1
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I figured out a solution.  I went to the microphone on the right of this screen and under Information I clicked on the HP Windows 10 Support Center link.  I clicked on Printing and under the "Printer Issues after Update" tab I clicked on the  Print and Scan Doctor  and let it install the new drivers/updates.  Restarted my computer (again) and it now seems to be working.

0 Kudos
JLagace
Level 1
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Never mind, i must have just gotten lucky because I just tried to go back in and it's doing the same thing again.

0 Kudos
JenniferH1
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue here - is there a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
weezyb53
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same problem! HP OfficeJet Pro 8025

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation