Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have been happy with my HP 2540 all-in-one since purchase in 2015.

Recently moved to super fast broadband and was sent a new router (Sky Q).

Now unable to connect printer wirelessly. Message I get is "wifi network problem - you are connected to a 5 GHz wifi network - the printer can only be connected to a 2.4 GHz  wifi network"

Does this mean I need to buy a new printer? If so do HP have a selection of printers that will definitely work with my new router?

I need printer, copier & scanner. Infrequent usage.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You have 2 options to buy a new dual-band printer that will support both 2,4GHz and 5GHz wireless, or enable 2,4GHz on your new router and connect the old printer to it.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.