Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830000 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing a page, message appears stating need to connect to the web in order to monitor the ink supply. Printer is currently connected by wifi and works ok.  When running diagnostics with HP Print and Scan Doctor states the printer is configured with a Domain Name System (DNS) server address which does not allow the DNS server name to be confirmed. The is preventing the printer from accessing the Web pages over the internet. I followed the solution instructions of disconnecting the router power, turning off the printer then back on again. Still get the same error. Any solutions to this problem please??

Thank you

Randall Hartman

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance in this matter Tom

HP Recommended

The replay I got back from the gentleman named Tom turned out to be a SCAM, To all concerned be advised that some replies on this form are SCAMS. When I called the number provided by Tom the tech. showed me what was wrong and after taking control of my PC went directly to Amazon wanting me to purchase a gift card, that's when I knew it was a SCAM

SO BEWARE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.