Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Lenovo ThinkCentre
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

It appears that when trying to print a letter sized document, the printer thinks it is 11x17 for some stupid reason, and thusly the text is cut off , I have reinstalled the printer drivers for3 of the printers completely, and we still have this problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MikeHayashisan

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did any software changes or updates happen recently on the computer?
  • Have you tried to print from another application and checked?
  • Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

If the copy comes out fine, I would suggest the next step would be to Uninstall and reinstall the printer software:

• 1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
  • 2.) Select your HP Printer
  • 3.) Select Uninstall
  • 4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
  • 5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
  • 6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
  • 7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
  • 8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
  • 9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
  • 10.) Select Ok
  • 11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
  • 12.) Close Devices and Printers
  • 13 ). Restart the PC
  • 14 ). Now click on this link: https://support.hp.com/za-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-p4014-printer-series/3558788/model/3558...  and install the updated printer drivers
  • 15 ). Connect the USB cable only when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.