Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

0xc18a0001 Ink System Failure Fixed in HP D7360 I am THRILLED to say Thank You! I believed in my chest either disconnecting the board OR taking out the battery would solve my problem. Sure enough the first worked and I didn't have to pull the battery. I did have to struggle with learning how to take the cover off - they make it like fort knox - but once in - it was simple and straightforward. Thanks. Hasn't actually printed yet - but I am sure it will. I'd like to send a few dollars to paypal for you. I am not rich but I said several times I'd pay on this site if someone could really fix it. You did. [well I did - but you told me how!]. contact me through however this site allows it - point to this post if need be and have them send me your paypal email or let this site accept it for you if it will work that way. Thanks again. Peace jerry For others to know what I did - I just got this HP D7360 - Worked perfectly but one cartridge was empty. I popped it out and filled it and popped it back in and it's been a nightmare ever since! Ink System Error. Nothing worked - HP told me to junk it - repairman said it would cost me more than to buy a remanufactured one ...I knew I didn't 'break' it! HP couldn't care less... They easily could have told me how to fix it with the amount of time they wasted w me on the line. So simple. 0xc18a0001 Ink System Failure Fixed in HP D7360

Fix your HP Photosmart D7360 (Reset Code/Master Reset) ***

1- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
2- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
3- Disconnect,by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
4- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
5- Unplug power source.
6- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
7- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
8- voila, the nasty error message 0xc18a0001 "Ink System has Failed" is now gone.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t599615-hp_photosmart_d7460_problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got the error code Oxc18a0001 on my HP Photosmart D7260 printer.  I was able to clear the error code and get the printer functioning again by resetting the printer by pressing the "print photos" and "red eye removal" buttons together as I turned on the power.  I released the "print photos" and "red eye removal" buttons  when the printer showed a menu that had a reset option in it.  I used the touchscreen and did both a Partal and Semi reset.  It did offer a 3rd reset option which was a country/language which was not needed by me at this time.  After completing both reset options the printer printed a self test page without my prompting it.  After the test page finished I used the power button to shut the printer off and then I powered it up again and I was then able to use the printer as normal.  This is not the first time I have had this issue.  It's more like the 4th to 6th.  It took me awhile to figure out this reset procedure and that was after way to long reading about everyone else and their problems.  I hope that this post might help simplify the reset procedure for someone out there suffering from this issue as I was.  Hope this information is helpful.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This fix worked on my HP D7360.  The trick is to get the right side off of the printer.  Be persistent, it will eventually come off!

Thanks for the fix!

HP Recommended

How do you get the right side off hte D7360? I'm looking at it and see no way to do that without ripping it off. There don't appear to be any hinges or tabs to push in. Do you have any pics you can put up for reference, or a detailed description of how you were able to remove the side?  Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Can't thank you enough!!!!!!!   I agree, hard to get the side casing off but simple fix after that! Yea, I'm printing again!!!! Thanks so much!

Karen

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help. This fix repaired my D7360.

Edi

HP Recommended

I got the error code Oxc18a0001 on my HP Photosmart D7260 printer.  I was able to clear the error code and get the printer functioning again by resetting the printer by pressing the "print photos" and "red eye removal" buttons together as I turned on the power.  I released the "print photos" and "red eye removal" buttons  when the printer showed a menu that had a reset option in it.  I used the touchscreen and did both a Partal and Semi reset.  It did offer a 3rd reset option which was a country/language which was not needed by me at this time.  After completing both reset options the printer printed a self test page without my prompting it.  After the test page finished I used the power button to shut the printer off and then I powered it up again and I was then able to use the printer as normal.  This is not the first time I have had this issue.  It's more like the 4th to 6th.  It took me awhile to figure out this reset procedure and that was after way to long reading about everyone else and their problems.  I hope that this post might help simplify the reset procedure for someone out there suffering from this issue as I was.  Hope this information is helpful.  

HP Recommended
Hi @dreamsindigital
Thanks for the post
🙂
Ciara
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
@Ciara your welcome.
HP Recommended

WOW was it ever a challenge to break into Fort KNox, i.e. right side of the HP-D7360 printer.

So start at the top, there are two small slots into which you poke a small slotted screw-driver,

then get the front part of the right side panel loose and you must pull out and away from the back.

On the botton there are two fasteners which I also pryed at a bit.

BUT once you do get it open, the directions are simple and it does work.

I am very happy to have fixed my printer.  I was on the verge of purchasing another, THANKS VERY MUCH

HP Recommended

This fix worked for me also.  But here's a tip to get the right side cover off.  Pry off the HP 7360 face plate on the lower right side.  Use a small slotted screwdriver to depress the tab in the rectangular slot.  Pull the front face off (where the USB port is.)  Then gently edge your way around the top edge with the slotted screwdriver to pry apart.  Then you can release the bottom from the two tabs.  It's a little easier than trying to start by releasing the top first.

I printed a test page before reassembling and it worked great.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.