cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
don101947 Tutor
Tutor
11 8 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

1350 all-in-one PSC printer will not print

I have a 1350 PSC which will not print.  The Check Print Cartridge light is blinking and the Copies line is showing E.  How can I fix my printer?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Provost Provost
Provost
30,266 25,844 2,368 7,917
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

See the troubleshooting steps here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
don101947 Tutor
Tutor
11 8 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My problem is the Check Print Cartridge is blinking and the copies light shows E

I did not see this scenario

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,737 4,478 303 1,044
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You'll need to follow the steps for the following scenario:

On/Resume light : On
Check Paper light : Off
Check Print Cartridge light : Blinking
Black Start Copy light : On
Color Start Copy light : On

The presence of an E , however, does not affect the meaning of the blinking lights, and can be disregarded for troubleshooting purposes.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
don101947 Tutor
Tutor
11 8 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I found out my new print cartridge was defective now all is well with that issue

0 Kudos
IR12
Visitor
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have same light config, I installed 2 new cartridges, same thing. Tried manual alignment, won't work. Just goes back to blinking. Maybe I should try cleaning the contacts, unless you have any ideas.

Thanks,

IR12

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I would suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

feroneil Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am reluctant to purchase new ink as a troubleshooting step as it can't be returned if that troubleshooting fails.

Solution three: Check cartridge compatibility

The issue is that ink levels can't be determine with this AIO with Windows 7 so there's no way to know which cartridge needs to be replaced. Answer of "replace both to see" is inadequate as that troubleshooting step will cost roughly $80 with no guarantee that it will work.

Furthermore, why won't the scan feature work without cartridges?

p.s. I tried the troubleshooting step of replacing the cartridges, 56 black with HP NEW and 57 color off-brand. Did not resolve. I assume that the next suggestion is to replace it with HP NEW #57 but what would Sherman & Clayton say?

feroneil Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

bump

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@feroneil wrote:

I am reluctant to purchase new ink as a troubleshooting step as it can't be returned if that troubleshooting fails.

Solution three: Check cartridge compatibility

The issue is that ink levels can't be determine with this AIO with Windows 7 so there's no way to know which cartridge needs to be replaced. Answer of "replace both to see" is inadequate as that troubleshooting step will cost roughly $80 with no guarantee that it will work.

Furthermore, why won't the scan feature work without cartridges?

p.s. I tried the troubleshooting step of replacing the cartridges, 56 black with HP NEW and 57 color off-brand. Did not resolve. I assume that the next suggestion is to replace it with HP NEW #57 but what would Sherman & Clayton say? 

The low on ink condition has virtually nothing to do with the error, except that a cartridge that has run completely out of ink may be more suciptible to an electrical issue.   I do not recall if the PSC 1350 will support printing in reserve mode (with one cartridge removed).  Try the following:  remove the color cartridge and then send a test print from the computer.  If this prints fine the issue is with the color cartridge.  If it does not print then replace the color cartridge and then remove the black.  Now try printing a test page.  If this works then the issue is the black cartridge. 

The printer does not "know" that a cartridge is refilled, but it does do an electrical check to make sure the cartrdige is OK and will not damage the printer electronics.  Refill/Reman cartridges tend to have poor reliability, as they have been used up once, then returned to a refiller through a process that may involve several steps of handling by folks that do not understand the fragility of cartridges.  See here for a study of cartridge reliability of HP original cartridges comapred to refill/reman.

Cleaning the cartridge and printer contacts as show in this post may help.

Sherman/Clayton would not suggest a car manufacturer would be respnsible if your gas powered car were filled with deisel or vice versa.  Similarily, HP cannot be held responsible for poor results from substandard reman processes.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation