Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1510 Series
Microsoft Windows XP

I had a 1400 series that stopped working. It would go through the motions, but the paper would be blank, even when I put in new ink.  So, I bought a new one, this 1510.

On the 1510:

I don't use it that often, so I thought that it might have been that the ink was dry, but when I look at it, there is plenty of wet ink there on the outside; if I touch it to paper it makes a big inkblot.  When I first got it, I printed something and there were a couple of thin blank lines, but no big deal.  Now (a few months later) it doesn't print. It goes through the motions, but I get a blank paper if I set it to black ink only, and a very faint (like a water mark) print if I set it to high quality grayscale.  I searched on the forum and saw to try the 6980 driver, but when I go through my list, I do not have that one there to select from.

I was trying to print a resume for an interview I have today so this is not good! 😞

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ValerieDoReMi

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the HP 1510 doesn't print or prints blank pages,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you ensure genuine HP ink cartridges are being used?

Have you checked any related HP Forums post to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

For more steps to resolve your concern:

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Step 2: Allow the printer to rest

Sometimes, print quality issues can be resolved during a period of inactivity. Consider waiting for about 30 minutes, and then try the print job again.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.

Step 3: Check the paper

Follow these guidelines to make sure that the paper is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of this makes any sense for my problem, as you can see by what I already stated. (i.e. I haven't used my printer in months, and you're suggesting that I let it rest? lol )

HP Recommended

Hi @ValerieDoReMi, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand that your printer is not printing. I understand that you don't use the printer too often, that might have clogged the nozzles. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

I would recommend you refer to this HP Article

Try Step 11 to clean the nozzles and try to print. 

If the issue persists, please try a new cartridge and try to print. 

This would let you know if the issue is with the printer or the cartridges. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.