cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ajgsurveyor
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

1536dnf printer not printing from document feeder

HP Recommended

1536 dnf  laserjet printer will not print documents fed through the document feeder.  Printer is being used as a copier and is not attached to a computer.  Document feeder will feed all pages, machine will verify it is copying page 1,2 etc. but does not attempt to print scanned images. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Gordon_H
Level 8
2,418 2,394 149 356
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ajgsurveyor,

What happens if you try copying from the glass (instead of the feeder)?

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
bear646250
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing from the glass works the way it suppose to.   

0 Kudos
N1KK
Level 2
16 12 0 2
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get an answer.  I have a relative with this printer.  Puts paper in feeder, press start and the paper feeds

through the document feeder but it won't copy.  Put the same paper on the glass and it works.

It used to work for copying and faxing from the document feeder but now only from the glass.

I have tried removing power with printer on then return power still no good.

Any hep would be appreciated.

Ken

0 Kudos
OsSt
Level 5
234 231 12 40
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you printout the configuration page of the printer and add it here?

I`m not a HP technician.
Just a electronics enthusiast .
If i helped, please hit that Kudos button 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved 🙂
0 Kudos
N1KK
Level 2
16 12 0 2
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you speaking to me,  I don't have the printer in front of me now. Its a relative that owns it.

The printer does print/fax if you use the glass.  Its only been used for faxing and copying.   The printer is not

connected to a computer.

The document feeder works as far as feeding the paper though without an issue.  The problem is no follow

up print when using the document feeder.   It does nothing looks like it resorts back to its normal mode

after the document feeder feeds the paper/s.

Ken

0 Kudos
OsSt
Level 5
234 231 12 40
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This type of issue is seen on older firmware. 
It sounds like you should try to update the firmware. 
I know its not connected to a pc, but from the panel you can print the configuration page from the reports menu, so you can check the firmware version. 

Some of theese are seen with broken flex-cable on the adf unit, then you could expierence many different issues. Not registering paper at all and etc.

I`m not a HP technician.
0 Kudos
OsSt
Level 5
234 231 12 40
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sometimes you can fix theese issues by just leaving the printer disconnected from the power for a half hour.

I`m not a HP technician.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation